“Fireman’s” meat marinate:
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1/4 cup salt (I know it sounds like a lot. Trust us.)
- 1 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp McCormick's poultry seasoning
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Top off with water to 1 quart
Alternatively, Grill Mates makes perfectly adequate marinate mixes. Try the "Zesty Herb", "Chipotle Pepper", or our favorite "Mesquite".
Marinate boneless-skinless chicken breast for 1 hour, 2 hours tops, and grill/p>
- White Wine Vinegar, Red Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Lowery's garlic salt
- Favorite salad fixings. We like diced avocado, grape tomatoes, olives, and feta, blue, or asiago cheese.
- Marinate together for 1/2 hour.
Alternatively, you can marinate your salad fixings in a store-bought balsamic vinaigrette dressing or some-such.
Toss romaine and baby spinach into dressing and add grilled chicken slices.