Wednesday, September 12, 2012

No Dominance, Please, We're President

More evidence that President Obama and I are much alike.

I don’t think he doesn’t like people. I know he doesn’t like people. He’s not an extrovert; he’s an introvert. I’ve known the guy since 1988. He’s not someone who has a wide circle of friends. He’s not a backslapper and he’s not an arm-twister. He’s a more or less solitary figure who has extraordinary communicative capacities. He’s incredibly intelligent, but he’s not a guy who’s ever had a Bill Clinton-like network around him.

Steve writes:

Eisenhower played [golf] with big shots to forge personal ties. Obama almost always plays with junior staffers. 

Which I kind of get. Who wants to spend his "me" time with people whose lives revolve around dominating others? Better to play with people who will presumptively defer to you.

No comments: