Monday, February 04, 2013

Legit Pickup

I've watched the first few episodes of the new FX series Legit, starring British comic Jim Jefferies, playing himself.

I hesitate to recommend the series; I'm reasonably confident that the show is the dirtiest thing I've ever seen on basic cable. But I wanted to write a post about episode #3, wherein Jim gives his two American friends advice on how to attract women (clip SFW if I set the brackets correctly):

The episode handles this topic pretty well. It starts by showing Billy and Steve bungling the execution, which I think is fair. The concept of the "neg" leads a lot of people astray.

Billy, who has muscular dystrophy, wants to use these techniques on the internet to develop a "real relationship", a concept that mystifies the more, um, goal-oriented Jim.

What surprised me was that the episode then shows the techniques actually working. Better, in fact, than expected: Steve has to sneak a call to Jim in a panic as a pretty coworker starts to show interest. (I can certainly relate to the sheer terror of finding myself inexplicably out of my depth in social situations involving women.)

But watch at your own risk, but put the women and children to bed first and keep a pillow handy to bury your face in during the cringe-inducing parts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Australian comic.