Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Future of the White Minority, Part Deux

Spungen (to the extent I can extract an actual point amidst the hysteria) is certain that the epidemic of gang rape in South Africa has nothing at all to do with the fate of American women in the face of Hispanic immigration.

Narrowly speaking, this is probably true. So let's see what Hispanics do have in store for her. From the AP:

Mexico City Rolls Out Women-Only Buses

By OLGA R. RODRIGUEZ – 1 day ago

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Groping and verbal harassment is an exasperating reality for women using public transportation in this sprawling capital, where 22 million passengers cram onto subways and buses each day. Some men treat women so badly that the subway system has long had ladies-only cars during rush hour, with police segregating the sexes on the platforms.

Read the whole thing.

2 comments:

Sheila Tone said...

Gee, Phi, when we're dicussing minorities, you're suddenly concerned with the prospect of my sexual mistreatment. Yet when I've brought up said mistreatment by white men, you've had hissy fits about how cruel and snobby and unfair I am. In fact, that's what brought you to our blog in the first place.

I was thinking I might have been too hard on you earlier, but your responses have eased my mind. You will continue to misrepresent whatever I say to grind your axes against women and minorities, and apparently there is no earnest discussion to be had with you.

Burke said...

I am pretty sure that I have a fairly good record of correcting my misrepresentations of other people's opinions, once they have been pointed out to me. I have extended that courtesy to you yourself before at least once. Would you still care to point out where I have misread you in the present context?

The substance of your present complaint appears to be that I am inconsistent in the application of my concern about the mistreatment of women. In response to which I would point out:

1. There is a difference between the treatment of women in Johannesburg, or even Mexico City, and Cal State. Surely you would agree.

2. I think that I never made light of the mistreatment you have experienced and written about so eloquently.

As far as grinding axes . . . well, isn't that why people blog? I guess I could do more math . . . :-)