Sunday, January 04, 2009

On Yet Another Foreign War

While I've been preoccupied with home repairs during the Christmas break, it appears that the Jews and Arabs are fighting again.

So it goes.

Put me with Megan in that it is difficult for me to find any moral issue here to get much exercised about. The tit-for-tat has accrued a Kabuki-theater aspect to it, as has our canned diplomatic reaction. I can't even get much enthused that IDF might strike a blow against terrorism, seeing as how I got all enthused when they went after Hezbollah in 2006, and look how that turned out.

America needs, to borrow a term from game theory, a "dominant strategy" for the region, i.e. one that minimizes our exposure regardless of what the local players do, and regardless of who prevails. To which end, I offer my one-point plan for dealing with the Middle East:

Don't get any of it on you.

I'm somewhat less sanguine, however, about this (H.T.: Ace)

Bluntly: these people and their pagan god have no place living amongst us. The only reason such a scene occurs is the utter contempt with which the elites that control our immigration system hold America's historic civilization. Those elites must be deposed, and their work undone as expeditiously as possible.

No comments: