Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Don't Try This at Home, Boys and Girls

As I prepared for the last couple of posts on Braver's Divorced Dads, Mrs. Φ caught me reading it. This obviously required some explanation. I explained, truthfully, that it was research on some topics we had discussed in Sunday School the week before last. After we had discussed some of the themes of the book for a while, we had the following exchange:

Mrs. Φ: "Well! I'm so happy we have a solid relationship."

Φ: "I agree. And speaking of which, can I bill this coversation against our discussing-the-relationship time?"

Mrs. Φ: [...]

Mrs. Φ: "You are so lucky have gotten married!"

Φ: "I know! I had to really clean up nice that year."

1 comment:

cleared in hot said...

can I bill this conversation against our discussing-the-relationship time?

Iceman to Φ: Gutsiest move I ever saw, man.