Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Fun: “My Big Hit TV Show”

In case you missed Megan’s link yesterday, this story at I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing is, true or not, a hilariously good yarn.  The story starts about 20% into the post.

Now, it is perhaps a testimony or a condemnation to the way that I've lived my life that at no point during my conversation with this hooker calling me from my office and asking for payment does my wife for EVEN AN INSTANT think that perhaps, yes, she should be concerned that a hooker is calling her husband at home asking for payment.

This reminds me of the time back at boarding school in Latin America when I got caught sneaking out of the dorm at night.  In the course of chewing me out, the dorm mother said, “Normally, our primary concern about a young man breaking curfew is that he’s sneaking off for a tryst with a young lady.  Of course, we realize that in your case that’s not very likely.  But still . . . .”

I was never entirely sure how to take that.

1 comment:

Justin said...

hahahah, great ending to the post, Phi.