Wednesday, February 05, 2020

How Can We Help the Afrikaners?

I finished reading K. M. Breakey's epic novel of South Africa, Never, Never and Never Again -- or rather, almost finished. I quit when I realized something very terrible was in the offing, which, while no doubt true-to-life, isn't something I much have the stomach for in a novel.

But I did resolve to look for ways to support the dispossessed Afrikaners. I kicked into the two charities to which the novel refers: Suidlanders and Afriforum. But these are primarily advocacy organizations. What about charities that are providing direct humanitarian assistance to those South African whites forced into refugee camps?

The only standing organization that I could find with a website providing such assistance is the South African Family Relief Project (SAFRPSA). There is also the Humanities Action Group Limited (mentioned here, but I can't find anything else). Other advocacy organizations are Radio Free South Africa and The Covener's League.

Bottom line is that I would like to help legitimate organizations doing good work but rather not get fleeced.

2 comments:

LDiracDelta said...

That SAFRPSA seems out of date. Dates from 2016 only. Why can't we send all the Afrikaners California...

heresolong said...

Lauren Southern apparently did a good job making a documentary about this. She has other issues and is currently in the naughty corner, but that doesn't take away from the work she did. I would think, with all the "refugees" that we accept, that these people would be top of the list for immediate approval. Except, of course, that they are white nationalist racists. According to the left. Has anyone seen an actual mainstream news story where it is acknowledged that SA is struggling with corruption and violence since the end of apartheid?